I think the next time I'm the boss somewhere that's what I'm going to instill. I'll call it "Let's Be Kids Day". Genius, right? We will venture to our local park and run like mad, laughing and not have a care in the world. Either we will be completely relieved and relaxed or the boss-bigger-than-me will fire us all. In any event, it should be interesting to see what transpires.
Seriously though, I can't be the only one who misses the carefree days of childhood or the teen years? What are your favorite summertime memories? What made you feel most at peace or still gives you that feeling. Here's a list of my favorites that I either haven't done in years or don't get to do much anymore:
1) Swinging (on the swings people, c'mon);
2) Running through the sprinkler;
3) Bike riding and kicking your feet out to the sides (you can picture it can't you?);
4) Napping (alone) in a hammock;
5) Hula hooping (I still do this though, so, does it count?);
6) Sitting on the beach and staring at the ocean around sunset (not sunbathing);
7) Oh, and, sitting by a campfire and staring into the warm and glistening embers.
I figured I should stop here for two reasons (1) because I write/talk way too much; and (2) well 7 is a lucky number.
Now, you go.....