Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Holiday Update - more or less

Can it really be that a month has passed since I last posted?

My goodness.

Well, let me fill you in on some mundane (or not so mundane) happenings.

We have been battling the winter here in our neck of the woods since the beginning of December. Actually, things have been crazy since we returned from our vacation around Thanksgiving. My shoulder is healing, still never went to see the doctor, but I'm doing ok. I'm sure LAW will give me 50 lashes with a wet noodle for not taking her advice. Of course, since that incident, I also fell down a flight of granite stairs, seriously bruising my arse. Honest, I am not super graceful when it comes to difficult tasks like walking, but I try. This fall was due to wet stairs and slippery granite at work. My ego was greatly bruised as well. It was a heck of a fall and had it not been me, I would have laughed my butt off and rushed me to see the doc. Nonetheless, I'm doing ok. Oh, wait, I threw my hip out this morning. Who knows how that happened! Well, my loving husband decided to take the credit ~ funny guy.

At any rate, I am still alive. Hard to believe after all that, eh?

Outside of the injuries, we've had sick kiddos and numerous power outages because of the winter storms for the past few weeks. We roughed it here and there but made it through a little better than most. I can't believe the winter has only just begun.

Work has me straight out busy, but I'm still loving it. For those of you who give a hoot, I deal primarily with domestic relations work. Not surprisingly, things are really busy during the holiday season. Of course, my employer has been gracious to give us some early days here and there to tend to things with our families and whatnot. We also had a blast of a holiday party last week--on the day I fell down the stairs no less. Go figure! No worries the fall was at work and not at the open-bar festivities. ;)

I'm really hoping to get back into blogging soon. I truly miss it and was just telling one of my coworkers about it today. I feel as though I'm missing a part of me know that I don't blog as much. It's so much therapy for me to just write, even if it's just a brief posting. I'm sure many of you can relate.

For now, I should run, or hobble, to get a little one back to bed who has snuck her way down the hallway.

Hope this post finds you and yours happy and healthy and ready to bring on 2009!

No comments: