Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Unconventional cover letter yields....

well right now, it's yielding an interview at least. I hope to report back later that it was an amazing interview with the perfect job prospect. I'll keep you posted.

Until then, I had to share. I did something I never do with applying for jobs. I strained from the serious, formal format my industry often requires. I feel vidicated. I wrote this on a whim with no expectations. I sent the letter attached to my resume yesterday morning and within four hours had a phone call. Either they are really desperate or I wowed the pants off of them.

So, my advice, if you care, for the week: stray from the norm.

p.s. If you are wondering, yesterday's interview wasn't all that horrible. It was slightly pleasant, but still not sure I'd be taking the job if they offer it. The jury is still out on that one.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Best of luck, my friend.

xoxo