Search This Blog

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Craving Confections


I put up a good fight. I tried, I seriously gave it my best shot, but I couldn’t overcome the powerful scent that emerged from the kitchen. In hindsight, I should have probably not baked the cookies in the first place, but the children wanted a snack. How could I ever deprive them of such a primitive need? It was my duty to prepare them the most scrumptious, sugar-loaded confection possible. Despite the fact that I’m eating healthier, I partook in the snacking. After all, am I not supposed to lead by example? Oh, wait, then perhaps I should have given them carrot sticks. Ah, hell, the cookies were far more delicious.

I will say this, there is nothing like a good chocolate chip cookie to ground a person. It reminds me of childhood and to this day is one treat I don’t think I will ever pass up.
So, what’s your vice? What will make you cave and even when you are entirely (or mostly) devoted to a diet or new healthy lifestyle. What is your kryptonite?

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

oooh chocolate chip cookies! my three year old loves to help make them (ie licking the bowl and trying to put his finger in while the mixer is going. big help) He's allergic too eggs so we make them with yogurt. I like to tell myself they are healthier. I'm thinking not so much!