Search This Blog

Thursday, August 7, 2008

So, I received all of my Fellowship materials this week. Classes don't actually commence until September. However, being the uber-excited student that I am, I'm already delving into the depts of finance.

A friend of mine has also received this Fellowship and we will be traveling through webinars and studies together. Oh, and another friend of ours has already completed the program. She was chosen as a recipient in 2006. I've declared her as my mentor. She is a wealth of knowledge and a pretty spectacular person to boot. It's people like her that make me want to do great things. Let me tell you a bit about my mentor. She's a mom to two beautiful young children. She's also a military veteran (of two services) and a military wife. She also has her MPA and is quite the Suzy Homemaker as well, from what I hear. I love people are multi-faceted. Don't you?

2 comments:

Amber said...

Your mentor gives fabulous hugs and is an all-around role model for women everywhere. IMO, at least. I love her to pieces.

Congrats again! I'm so excited to see what you and your friends have in store for the world at large.

Just a Girl in a Port said...

How about you? Any news on the school front? I've been meaning to ask and dying to know.